Monday, July 2, 2012

A Perfect Park Evening














My hubby Alan came up with the idea for the Elder's Quorum to host a Family Home Evening in the park.  

All the families brought their own dinners.  We played at the pool all day, so were thankful for KFC!  Kale said that the McDonald's catch phrase of "I'm lovin' it" Should belong to KFC instead. I agree.  


Alan was the master of dutch oven pineapple upside down cake (which was fabulous!).


Afterwards he shared a thought from the life experience of Heber J. Grant about determination and not giving up on your weaknesses. It was quite nice.  
And then we played together!  It was so great to have a quiet evening with friends at the park.  The Mullis Family brought their Tug-o-War rope, and we had at it!!


I was amused that when it came time for the adults to take a turn, they all stood around like they weren't quite sure how to play.  And I don't mean, play Tug-o-War, I mean play.  Have we, as adults, forgotten what it's like to want to play and compete? Have we forgotten the joy and thrill of the game??  Well, I guess I shouldn't say that we've forgotten, but it took a minute to get the idea back.  I think when it boils down to it, we all have some kid in there somewhere.  And when we let our inner kid out to play, it's incredibly fun!  


Great night!  Great friends!  Great fun!  


...Me



No comments:

Post a Comment